I found a goldmine of interesting podcasts in Podcastalley, and added an RSS feed for "Authors on Tour Live" to my Bloglines acct. Listened to a couple of sample podcasts from that one, including one by Frank McCourt, reading from "Teacher Man." It was a special memorial podcast. Also sampled readings by Joan Didion and David Sedaris.
Other interesting podcast series that turned up in my search include: Learn Japanese Daily podcast; Brain Science; Music Library; and various library educational podcasts. For example, Library Survival, from Emory University, uses podcasting for tips and tutorials on doing library research. Subjects included "Google Scholar", and "Endnote and citation managers". Some libraries are using podcasts for announcing upcoming events and 'what's new'; others focus on tutorials and education.
I've always found NPR a great source for podcasts (particularly to catch broadcasts I missed); now I'm planning to check out more good stuff on Podcastalley.
2026 Sees New Owlets Hatched at NYBG
1 month ago

No comments:
Post a Comment